[I]t’s a weekend once again, and if you’re running out of things to do at home, you can check out Anvil’s new releases that will be exclusively available at the 38th Manila International Book Fair before coming out in stores. All of our new titles will have a 20% discount while our backlist will be available for up to 50% off! This, of course, is aside from those included in special bundles—some of them with freebies!
- Ang Larawan: From Stage to Screen
This definitive volume beings together Nick Joaquin’s classic play, A Portrait of the Artist as Filipino, Rolando Tinio’s libretto of Ang Larawan, The Musical (which is based on the play), and the screenplay of Ang Larawan, The Movie. It includes 16 colored pages of photos of the stage musical and movie, the last interview of Tinio, a learning guide, the behind-the-scenes photos of the film-making process, and more.
It will be available in this year’s MIBF for only P319.20 (regular price: P399)!
- Feast with Me by Stephanie Zubiri Crespi Savor the flavors of Europe and Asia’s sides of the world with Feast With Me, the first-ever (cook)book by writer, TV host, entrepreneur, and chef Stephanie Zubiri Crespi. Start your day with a relaxing Parisian breakfast; indulge in flavorful Moroccan and Filipino lunch, take a quick Mediterranean merienda and munch on Spanish tapas; and bask in the company of family and friends with bucolic Italian dishes and exotic Vietnamese and Indian meals for dinner. Feast With Me is nothing short of a sumptuous feast for the senses.
Available for only P716 (regular price: P895) at the MIBF!
- Looking Back 13: Guns of the Katipunan
Dr. Ambeth R. Ocampo, renowned historian and academician, releases his new book Looking Back 13: Guns of the Katipunan. In this book about the battles of Katipuneros, Ocampo focuses on the details most critics often overlook or choose to ignore. Rather than just narrating the outcome of each battle, Ocampo exhaustively analyzes how these battles were fought, what weapons were used, what kind of damage certain weapons would inflict on the combatants, and more.
Available for only P120 (regular price: P150) at the MIBF!
- #SandosenangAmbeth boxed set with a free Nick Joaquin tote bag
Anvil brings together the series’ first twelve volumes in a new boxed set, featuring straightforward, thoroughly researched essays on Philippine history and culture packed with curiosity, controversy, and insight, as well as Dr. Ocampo’s trademark wit and humor. #SandosenangAmbeth is chock-full of information and stories we could only wish were discussed in our history classes. History has never been this exciting to read and learn with the groundbreaking series.
For this year’s MIBF, we are offering the boxed set for a discounted price of P1495 (regular price: 1800) with a free Looking Back tote bag!
- Modern Philippine Confections by Chef Gene Gonzalez
Featuring recipes to timeless, well-loved sweets from marshmallows, macarons, to truffles and more, Modern Philippine Confections is a must-have cookbook for chefs, professional or aspiring, and sweet-toothed foodies, too.
Available for only P156 (regular price: P195) at the MIBF!
- Claysaurus bundle with free clay!
Join Claysaurus and his friends as they explore their world. Prehistoric fun awaits yound readers as they pound, roll, and shape their first steps to reading.
Children’s author and illustrator Jomike Tejido’s books from the Claysaurus series will be available in a special bundle price of P480 (RP: P600) with a free pack of clay!
Jomike will also be having a Storytelling and Clay Molding Workshop perfect for kids! This will be held at the MIBF on September 16, 5:00-6:00 PM, at the Stage Area, 2nd floor, of the SMX Convention Center.
- Fresh covers of Nick Joaquin’s classic stories!
We’ve given the covers of Nick Joaquin’s classic novels and short stories a gorgeous modern makeover! Three of them namely, The Summer Solstice and Other Stories, (now P212; regular P265) Candido’s Apocalypse (now P156; regular P195) and May Day Eve and Other Stories (now P200, regular P250) will be exclusively available at the 38th Manila International Book Fair.
- Nick Joaquin’s Reportage series in a sleek boxed set with a free Nick Joaquin tote bag!
We have put Quijano de Manila’s (Nick Joaquin) Reportage series in one sleek boxed set. This includes Reportage on Crime, Reportage on Lovers, Reportage on Politics, and Reportage on the Marcoses; containing Joaquin’s most amusing and intriguing stories that shocked the country in the ’60s and ’70s and will thrill and terrify readers even decades after their happening.
Available for only P1260 (regular price: P1575)
- Coconut Kitchen by Maria Regina “Regee” T. Newport
From meat to shell, Coconut Kitchen brings you many ways to make appetizers and main dishes absolutely healthy and delicious! Each recipe has been personally selected, tested and retested by the author with you, the reader and home cook, in mind. This cookbook also features coconut-based recipes from the following well-known personalities in the culinary world: Amy Besa and Romy Dorotan, Norma Chikiamco, Pia Lim-Castillo, Elizabeth Ann Quirino, Ige Ramos, Beth Romualdez, and Editha C. Singian.
Available for only P316 (regular price: P395) at the MIBF!
- The Complete set of Ang Mga Kwento ni Lola Basyang by Severino Reyes Anvil brings you the timeless stories of Lola Basyang by Severino Reyes in a classic paperback boxed set. The collection includes twelve enchanting picture books retold by Christine S. Bellen and illustrated by Liza Flores, Ruben de Jesus, Frances Alcaraz, Elbert Or, Hubert Fucio, Abi Goy, Sergio Bumatay III, Martin Malabanan, and Blooey Singson. Ang Mga Kuwento ni Lola Basyang takes you to a world of fantasy and adventure that every child will definitely enjoy.
The complete set is available for only 720 (regular price: P900) at the MIBF!
- Days of Disquiet, Nights of Rage (Revised Edition)
First published in 1982, this compilation of on-the-spot reports on the protest movement of the sixties and seventies has since become the standard reference work on the subject—a road map for street parliamentarians of various political persuasions, as well as a manual for mass media students and practitioners working in the mode variously known as New Journalism, literary journalism, and creative nonfiction.
Available for only P360 (regular price: P450) at the MIBF!
For reservations and pre-orders, click here. See you at the book fair!